Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RFJ RFJ is offline

Default Word 2007 - Adding Own Templates

Still getting used to the XP-2007 conversion and I'm stuck on something
/really/ basic.

I've got my own templates in a separate directory that I want to be able to
access as choices when I open a New Document - but can't find out how to set
it up and do it.

Can SKS help.

TIA

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the templates (or links to them) in the user templates folder (as
indicated in
the File Locations dialog box) or in a sub-folder of that folder. Then use
Office button | New | My templates to create documents from those templates.

You may find it convenient to add the New button to the Quick Access
toolbar: Office button | Word Options | Customize. At "Choose commands from,"
pick "Commands Not in the Ribbon." Locate the "New Document or Template"
command and add it to QAT. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP