Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charles Kenyon

In versions Word 2000 and later you need to install the templates when you
install Word. Some are installed in the default installation, others are
not. Do a custom modification of your installation to get the others.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Faust" wrote in message
Hey... Shauna and Charles. I appreciate the information, and I realise
that
I didn't really explain very well, but I was kind of wondering something
else. In the previous versions of Word (pre-2003... specifically 98, and
perhaps others... but 98 is one I am positive of), it came with a set of
pre-existing, very general templates... none of these templates you have
download that are things so non-general, it almost hurts. They're stuff
like, "a template if you recently were divorced by your wife, and fired
from
your job for going postal with a .357 Magnum revolver, whereas you became
so
angry, you shot a German Shepherd and now need to write an apology letter
the owner." I'm not talking about things ithat/i specific... just
VERY
general templates/wizards. Anywho, help is appreciated (that which you've
already offered, and whatever might be offered in the future).

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Faust

The Elegant Faxes and Professional Letters are part of the Word program
itself. You can get templates from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx or you can make
your own by following the instructions at

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

and

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Faust" wrote in message
I didn't install Word wizards and templates in the beginning. Now, I
don't
have a disc to do so, and I can't find any non-specialty templates
online.
just want the default ones... stuff like "Professional Letter" and just
mere
stuff that you would send to friends, etc... I really don't know how to
explain it very well, but I hope this was good enough. I appreciate
any
assistance you might offer.