Dean

Default Email MailMerge with Word using Excel database

I'm using Office XP. I opened Word for MailMerge, an Excel database for the
name and email address, and the MailMerge Wizard. I went through all the
steps, everything seemed to work well, but when I got to the last step and
hit Electronic Mail to merge to Outlook it appeared to merge. However, each
time I looked i my Outlook outbox nothing was there. I have Outlook set to
use Word and set the format for HTML. With those settings nothing happened.
However, if I set Outlook to not use Word and set for plain text it would
merge, but only allow one email at a time after a little pop up message
cautioned that another program was trying to use this. This was very
combersome and defeated to purpose of using MailMerge. Any ideas?
Doug Robbins

You can avoid the pop up message by using the Express Click Yes utility
mentioned in the opening part of the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,