MÃ¥ns Andersson

Default Second page with different margin

I'm trying to create a template that should have the first page with a
specific margin and the rest with some other margins. Then I added a page
break to create the settings for the margins.
Howver, when using the template the user will start typing on the first page
and when (s)he reaches the bottom of the first page so a new page is created
the setting for the first page is transferred to the second and my page break
is now starting on page three (with another margin setting). This is not what
I want to happen! I always want the margin on the second page and forward to
be different. How do I solve that?

MÃ¥ns Andersson
Daiya Mitchell

Are you setting up letterhead? If so, see here, scroll down to "more
complex letterhead". You don't really need to change the margin setting,
you can adjust the text on the first page with a textbox anchored in the
first page header.

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

On 8/3/05 1:13 PM, "Måns Andersson" wrote:

I'm trying to create a template that should have the first page with a
specific margin and the rest with some other margins. Then I added a page
break to create the settings for the margins.
Howver, when using the template the user will start typing on the first page
and when (s)he reaches the bottom of the first page so a new page is created
the setting for the first page is transferred to the second and my page break
is now starting on page three (with another margin setting). This is not what
I want to happen! I always want the margin on the second page and forward to
be different. How do I solve that?

Måns Andersson

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Charles Kenyon

You don't want different margins (a section setting). Most people use
something in the first-page header/footer to mimic having different margins.
For side margins this can be a frame or a text box.

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Måns Andersson" Måns wrote in message
I'm trying to create a template that should have the first page with a
specific margin and the rest with some other margins. Then I added a page
break to create the settings for the margins.
Howver, when using the template the user will start typing on the first
page
and when (s)he reaches the bottom of the first page so a new page is
created
the setting for the first page is transferred to the second and my page
break
is now starting on page three (with another margin setting). This is not
what
I want to happen! I always want the margin on the second page and forward
be different. How do I solve that?

Måns Andersson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To find information on how to set up a template with different margins on
the second and succeeding pages *without* using a section break, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm