Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tamara

Default footers not showing in print preview and not printing

I used the legal pleading wizard for a document. The footer I put in is too
long, and I cannot find how to change the font for it. So, I tried to delete
it and use only a page number. The page number is showing in the document,
but not when I do a print preview, or try to print it. I have spent a couple
hours on this alone, and am about to go crazy!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Text in the footer uses the Footer paragraph style. You can modify that
style to change the font. If nothing in the footer is printing, it may be
outside the printer's printable area. Try increasing the footer margin
(Layout tab of Page Setup).

"tamara" wrote in message
I used the legal pleading wizard for a document. The footer I put in is

too
long, and I cannot find how to change the font for it. So, I tried to

delete
it and use only a page number. The page number is showing in the

document,
but not when I do a print preview, or try to print it. I have spent a

couple
hours on this alone, and am about to go crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tamara

Nope, didn't work. I have tried making a new document using the existing
document, and trying to change it through the wizard. No luck, seems to
screw things up more. Have tried the toolbar and clicking on footers and
changing it that way, but again it screws things up.

"tamara" wrote in message
I used the legal pleading wizard for a document. The footer I put in is

too
long, and I cannot find how to change the font for it. So, I tried to

delete
it and use only a page number. The page number is showing in the

document,
but not when I do a print preview, or try to print it. I have spent a

couple
hours on this alone, and am about to go crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What didn't work? You're going to have to be more specific than that if you
want follow-up help. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Text in the footer uses the Footer paragraph style. You can modify that
style to change the font. If nothing in the footer is printing, it may

be
outside the printer's printable area. Try increasing the footer margin
(Layout tab of Page Setup).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.