Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DarkAgeGirl DarkAgeGirl is offline

Default Margins on Odd/Even Pages

I am trying to figure out out to format a document so that the left and right
margins change depending on whether it is an odd or even numbered page. This
is so when the document is bound, the larger margin will be on the side that
that the binding is on. I cannot seem to see how to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word's Page Setup dialog includes two relevant controls: "Mirror margins"
and "Gutter." Once you have enabled "Mirror margins," your side margin
settings change to Inside and Outside. You can either add space to the
Inside margin or add a gutter, which will be on the inside. Either will
allow for binding.

"DarkAgeGirl" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out out to format a document so that the left and

right
margins change depending on whether it is an odd or even numbered page.

This
is so when the document is bound, the larger margin will be on the side

that
that the binding is on. I cannot seem to see how to do this. Any help

would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You'll find the option in the "Multiple pages" list on the Margins tab.
See:

Change page margins
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH060829851033

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word's Page Setup dialog includes two relevant controls: "Mirror

margins"
and "Gutter." Once you have enabled "Mirror margins," your side

margin
settings change to Inside and Outside. You can either add space to

the
Inside margin or add a gutter, which will be on the inside. Either

will
allow for binding.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DarkAgeGirl" wrote in

message
I am trying to figure out out to format a document so that the

left and
right
margins change depending on whether it is an odd or even numbered

page.
This
is so when the document is bound, the larger margin will be on the

side
that
that the binding is on. I cannot seem to see how to do this. Any

help
would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is present in all versions but in different places. Since you didn't say
what version you had, I couldn't tell you specifically. Stefan has told you
where it is in Word 2003.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deirdre Deirdre is offline

hi all - I'm using Mirror, but my headers are printing way off the left side
of the page on even pages. I'm using 03 and not biding but inserting into
3-ring binders. Any suggestions, or should I be using Gutters instead?
thanks,