kaycakes1

Default How do I edit drop-down menus?

In Word 2003, there are certain default features in the drop-down menu
(right-click on mouse) in the body of a document (i.e. heading 1, heading 2,
heading 3, etc). I have no use for these & would like to put some useful
features instead (i.e. font, print page). When I searched MS Office
Assistance, the 'help' for Add, remove or change the order of tems in a
drop-down list began with "1. Open the template that contains the form you
want to change." Needless to say, this is not helpful for what I need so am
unsure where to go from here. This may seem like a rather insignificant
problem, but our office just converted to Word 2003 & our 'help desk' is not
very 'helpful.' Any suggestions are appreciated.
Charles Kenyon

Tools Customize...
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

Be careful what you wish for. I would recommend storing your customizations
in a template other than normal.dot. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.

Finally, if you do lengthy documents in which you may want a table of
contents at some point you do want those heading styles and other styles.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm,
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/complex_document.htm You really do want to
learn to use styles if you use Word much at all. Otherwise, you'll
constantly be swimming against the current.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.