DTaboada

Default How to apply accents in Spanish using Spanish keyboard?

I can't seem to use the apostrophe shortcut to put accent graves onto my
letters while working inn a document. I went through the steps to enable the
Spanish keyboard, but need help with shortcut keys. How do I check to be
sure keyboard is functioning in Spanish?
Klaus Linke

Hi,

If you are using WinXP, there's a visual keyboard in "Start Programs =
Accessories Accessibility".
For older OS, you can download something similar from the Microsoft web =
site.

Switching keyboard layouts isn't a good way to handle this though, IMO.
The reason: It'll likely mess up all your punctuation and other special =
characters.

It'd make more sense to either use the "International" keyboard layout =
in Windows (the same way you added the Spanish keyboard layout) and =
remember the shortcut keys for the spanish characters that are already =
predefined there (and work in all Windows programs), or define your own =
shortcuts in Word (say, select =C2=A1, =C2=BF, =C3=B1 or whatever you =
need, then open "Insert Symbol" and create your own shortcut).

Greetings,
Klaus

"DTaboada" wrote:
I can't seem to use the apostrophe shortcut to put accent graves onto =

my=20
letters while working inn a document. I went through the steps to =

enable the=20
Spanish keyboard, but need help with shortcut keys. How do I check to =

be=20
sure keyboard is functioning in Spanish?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Caution Tina Caution is offline

I have followed the method of inserting symbols and creating shortcuts to
them but cannot find the reversed exclamation mark anywhere in symbols. Have
you any idea how I can insert a reversed exclamation mark?

Thanks Tina

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi,

If you are using WinXP, there's a visual keyboard in "Start Programs Accessories Accessibility".
For older OS, you can download something similar from the Microsoft web site.

Switching keyboard layouts isn't a good way to handle this though, IMO.
The reason: It'll likely mess up all your punctuation and other special characters.

It'd make more sense to either use the "International" keyboard layout in Windows (the same way you added the Spanish keyboard layout) and remember the shortcut keys for the spanish characters that are already predefined there (and work in all Windows programs), or define your own shortcuts in Word (say, select ¡, ¿, ñ or whatever you need, then open "Insert Symbol" and create your own shortcut).

Greetings,
Klaus

"DTaboada" wrote:
I can't seem to use the apostrophe shortcut to put accent graves onto my
letters while working inn a document. I went through the steps to enable the
Spanish keyboard, but need help with shortcut keys. How do I check to be
sure keyboard is functioning in Spanish?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Alt+0161 - on the numeric keypad. The character is in the unicode fonts such
as TNR, Arial etc.
If you setup a Spanish keyboard as Klaus suggested earlier in the thread,
you can type it directly.