Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mark4man mark4man is offline

Default New Machine - New Version (2007)...Can't Find Certain 'Symbols'

Hello again...

Just loaded Word 2007 on my new PC; & cannot find the "Check" or "Checkmark"
symbol for the life of me. Is it still there? How do I locate it?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I see [at least] three checkmarks when I click Symbol - More Symbols in the
Insert tab. Two are Wingdings 2 (49th and 51st characters shown; decimal
codes 80 and 82). The other is in Webdings, the 66th character shown
(decimal code 97).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"mark4man" wrote in message
Hello again...

Just loaded Word 2007 on my new PC; & cannot find the "Check" or
"Checkmark" symbol for the life of me. Is it still there? How do I
locate it?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mark4man mark4man is offline

Got 'em, Herb !!!

(The one I was looking for was Webdings: 97...that was my fav on the old
machine.)

Thanks, man...

mark4man

"mark4man" wrote in message
Hello again...

Just loaded Word 2007 on my new PC; & cannot find the "Check" or
"Checkmark" symbol for the life of me. Is it still there? How do I
locate it?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mark4man mark4man is offline

Herb...

Just out of curiosity...what would the html code for that character be (if
you know)?

I'm using it in a document I'm publishing to the web...& can't find it
anywhere in Dreamweaver (my editor)

Thanks again,

mark4man

"mark4man" wrote in message
Hello again...

Just loaded Word 2007 on my new PC; & cannot find the "Check" or
"Checkmark" symbol for the life of me. Is it still there? How do I
locate it?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using Expression Web, if I use Insert - Symbol and insert that character
into a blank page, it generates the following code, which I suspect won't
help you much with Dreamweaver:

head
style type="text/css"
..style1 {
font-family: Webdings;
}
/style
/head

p class="style1"a/p

There probably is another way to get the checkmark (97 webdings), but I'm
not into raw HTML, so I don't know how...

--

"mark4man" wrote in message
Hello again...

Just loaded Word 2007 on my new PC; & cannot find the "Check" or
"Checkmark" symbol for the life of me. Is it still there? How do I
locate it?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mark4man mark4man is offline

No...it doesn't.

I'll check around in the code forums, tho...thanks for tryin'.

BTW - I take back everything I said about the new GUI. I changed the color
scheme to black; & all of a sudden I could see everything plainly.
Now...because of that, I'm suddenly learning all the new locations (for all
the various functions)...& I think I actually like it better than the old
GUI.