Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheana sheana is offline

Default Having problem with "bulleting" text.

I have a heading that is left-justified(call it line A), followed by 2 short
lines(called 1 & 2) of text underneath it after two hard returns. The 2 lines
are indented (not tabbed), and followed by hard returns.

I then add two more lines of text under 1 & 2 (3 & 4), but this time I
precede each line with a bullet (*, tab) and use a hard return after each
line of text.

I then go back to lines 1 & 2, select them and click the bullet icon on the
formatting toolbar. Lines 1 & 2 should be lined up with lines 3 & 4, but they
are "indented" more to the right. Does this have something to do with
selecting the hard returns preceding 1 & 2? Why is this happening?