Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
78Zinman 78Zinman is offline

Default Continue Page Numbers in subsequent sections - Word 2007

I cannot seem to continue page numbers in the Footnote of subsequent sections
when I unselect the "Same as previous" button for the Header. In other
words, I want to change the Headers of Subsequent Sections, but leave the
actual footer the same and the Page Numbers in the Footer continuous
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Although it's far from obvious, "Same as Previous" (or "Link to Previous")
has no effect on page numbering. You can restart numbering without unlinking
the header/footer, and you can also continue the numbering from a previous
section even when headers/footers are unlinked. In this case, what you need
to do, in Section 2 and beyond, is click on Page Number in the Header &
Footer group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools Design tab, select
Format Page Numbers..., and select "Continue from previous section" in the
Page Number Format dialog.

http://word.mvps.org