Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lela2a lela2a is offline

Default insert file opens the file instead

When I try to insert a file into a Word doc (2003) it is opening the document
and inserting the content - not an icon of the file. What is causing this/how
do I fix it?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

lela2a wrote:
When I try to insert a file into a Word doc (2003) it is opening the
document and inserting the content - not an icon of the file. What is
causing this/how do I fix it?
Thanks!

That's exactly what Insert File is supposed to do.

If you want an icon, use Insert Object Create From File, select the
file, and check the box for "Display as icon".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman