Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
counselor/rusty

Default FORM FIELD FONT CHANGE

I am using Word 2003. I setup a form and used cross reference to fill in
repeated information. Two problems: 1) Some of the repeated fields need a
different font size. I disabled the "Preserve Formatting During Updating" in
the Property of those fields. I periodically need to turn off the Protect
Form to alter part of the form. Each time I do that, the "Preserve
Formatting" resets and I loose the font I want in the field. A curious quirky
thing also happens in some of the fields: part of the correct font is
preserved so some of the text is in the font I want and part is in the cross
referenced font. 2) Is there a simple way to turn on spell check for the
fields? I'm not a computer wiz so any ideas need to be as simple and straight
forward as possible. I don't have any skill in using macros. Thank you!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y291bnNlbG9yL3J1c3R5?=,

I am using Word 2003. I setup a form and used cross reference to fill in
repeated information. Two problems: 1) Some of the repeated fields need a
different font size. I disabled the "Preserve Formatting During Updating" in
the Property of those fields. I periodically need to turn off the Protect
Form to alter part of the form. Each time I do that, the "Preserve
Formatting" resets and I loose the font I want in the field. A curious quirky
thing also happens in some of the fields: part of the correct font is
preserved so some of the text is in the font I want and part is in the cross
referenced font. 2) Is there a simple way to turn on spell check for the
fields?

I think you need to put a \* CharFormat switch in the REF fields repeating the
form field information. In order to do this
- press Alt+F9 to display the field codes
- locate the REF fields that reference the form field names (bookmarks)
- at the end of these fields, just before the closing brackets, type in the
switch
- alt+F9 again to hide the field codes

Example:
{ REF LastName \* CharFormat }

As to spell check: There's no simple way to turn it on for form fields. I'm
afraid you need to use the macro you'll find at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
counselor/rusty

Cindy:

Thank you!! I made the changes you suggested and it works perfectly.

Rusty

Hi ?B?Y291bnNlbG9yL3J1c3R5?=,

afraid you need to use the macro you'll find at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister