haaamean

Default How do I make a doc into form with text boxes that appear to fill

I'm trying to find out how to make a document into a form. One that has text
boxes that popup with questions in order to fill out the sections of the
form. For instance a part of the DOC that is for an address will pop up with
a text box asking for the client's address. You would fill out the box and it
would populate the field. Someone? Anyone?
Anne Troy

The kind of form you're talking about is much more difficult to create and
requires VBA programming. Perhaps you can instead use "online forms"?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"haaamean" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out how to make a document into a form. One that has

text
boxes that popup with questions in order to fill out the sections of the
form. For instance a part of the DOC that is for an address will pop up

with
a text box asking for the client's address. You would fill out the box and

it
would populate the field. Someone? Anyone?

Jay Freedman

haaamean wrote:
I'm trying to find out how to make a document into a form. One that
has text boxes that popup with questions in order to fill out the
sections of the form. For instance a part of the DOC that is for an
address will pop up with a text box asking for the client's address.
You would fill out the box and it would populate the field. Someone?
Anyone?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and the
articles by Dian Chapman linked from that page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is a userform which requires vba programming.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

You may want to first explore what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Userforms are far more powerful and flexible than online forms, but they
take a corresponding greater amount of expertise and work.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.