charten

Default How do I make an a drawing object move with text in Word?

I have a Word calendar with arrows on it that indicate the duration of events
- how do I make those arrows move with text? Holding Shift does not allow me
to hightlight both the text and the arrow, so I can't group them. Help!
Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hhcnRlbg==?=,

I have a Word calendar with arrows on it that indicate the duration of events
- how do I make those arrows move with text? Holding Shift does not allow me
to hightlight both the text and the arrow

Hmmm. I think there would be some discussion as to whether Word is the best
software to use for something like this, but...

There is an option to have graphics "move with text". The object must be
anchored to that text (Tools/Options/View/Anchors to see the anchors; you can
drag them with the mouse). And earlier versions of Word only support this in the
vertical, not the horizontal sense.

Note that there's no possibility, in Word, to make the arrows automatically SIZE
by dragging text.

If you need more detailed help (such as menu commands) we have to know which
version of Word you're working with.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org