SuzyVA

Default create a link to a specific location within the same word documen.

I have a word document. I have a form box at the top where a user can type
in characters. I want to be able to have what they type in box #1 to show up
in the footer. How do I do this?

Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3V6eVZB?=,

I have a word document. I have a form box at the top where a user can type
in characters. I want to be able to have what they type in box #1 to show up
in the footer. How do I do this?

Insert a REF field (cross-reference) into the footer that picks up the name of
the form field.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

I believe REF fields don't work in the header/footer, but you can apply a
specific style (it can be a character style identical to the Default
Paragraph Font) to the form field and use a StyleRef field in the footer.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?U3V6eVZB?=,

I have a word document. I have a form box at the top where a user can

type
in characters. I want to be able to have what they type in box #1 to

show up
in the footer. How do I do this?

Insert a REF field (cross-reference) into the footer that picks up the

name of
the form field.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Suzanne,

I believe REF fields don't work in the header/footer, but you can apply a
specific style (it can be a character style identical to the Default
Paragraph Font) to the form field and use a StyleRef field in the footer.

REF fields *DO* work in header/footer. But the content is static (can't
change / page); but the questioner isn't asking for a dynamic solution.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Suzanne,

What I should have said was that REF fields referring to form field
bookmarks do not work in the header or footer of a protected form.

Possible with a very simple macro, though.

Sub UpdateFieldsInHeader()
Selection.Sections(1).Footers( _
wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Fields.Update
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)