kaspar.ritz

Default Page numbering problem

Page numbering has strange effects, if I use a table with i.e. 3 column in
the Header. If I have page number (page of page) in the footer, sometimes it
displays 3/3 in the first side, 2/3 second side and 3/3 third side.
I did not find a solution, to handle that issue. I like to use a table in
the Header.

Hi Graham
thanks for answering but it did not help to solve the issue. It is also
visible if I scroll down the pages, and sometimes it shows good and bad
numbers. I think it has something to do with the table. If I put the table
into a textframe, then the problem does not exist anymore.

Regards
Kaspar

kaspar.ritz wrote:
Page numbering has strange effects, if I use a table with i.e. 3
column in the Header. If I have page number (page of page) in the
footer, sometimes it displays 3/3 in the first side, 2/3 second side
and 3/3 third side.
I did not find a solution, to handle that issue. I like to use a
table in the Header.

kaspar.ritz

Hi Graham
thanks for answering but it did not help me. The problem does also exist if
I scroll down the pages, and sometimes it is good and sometimes bad. I think
it must be related to the table, because if I put the table into a textframe,
then the issue does not appear anymore.

Regards Kaspar

kaspar.ritz wrote:
Page numbering has strange effects, if I use a table with i.e. 3
column in the Header. If I have page number (page of page) in the
footer, sometimes it displays 3/3 in the first side, 2/3 second side
and 3/3 third side.
I did not find a solution, to handle that issue. I like to use a
table in the Header.

Doug Robbins

I assume that you mean { page } of { numpages }, but what do you mean by
"first side", "second side" and "third side"?

Is there anything else in the footer?

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP