Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Default Should I be posting to a different Word Discussion Group?

Hello -- I have not received a reply to my question from 9/24 about showing
document page numbers and section page numbers in the same footer. Is that
because I'm asking in the wrong place?

I have tried the various numbering fields, but none of them does the trick.
Word 2003.

Do you have any advice as to how to do this or where I could find the
information?

Thank you very much,

Elessvie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Since I just noticed that there weren't any other replies I did respond to
your other post a few minutes ago.

If that info doesn't help you'll need to specify what you mean by "various
numbering fields", why those you've tried don't do "the trick", as well as
more about the structure of the document (are the appendices created using
section breaks? for example).

Vague, nondescript generalizations about a doc nobody out here has ever seen
don't put anyone in a very good position to offer meaningful suggestions:-)
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Elessvie" wrote in message
Hello -- I have not received a reply to my question from 9/24 about
showing
document page numbers and section page numbers in the same footer. Is
that
because I'm asking in the wrong place?

I have tried the various numbering fields, but none of them does the
trick.
Word 2003.

Do you have any advice as to how to do this or where I could find the
information?

Thank you very much,

Elessvie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Along with the other replies you've received on this question, it's not
uncommon to not receive an answer immediately, even within 24 hours,
depending on the complexity of your question. Some folks only have the
opportunity to get to the newsgroups once or twice a week and they may have
the answer you are seeking. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Elessvie" wrote in message
Hello -- I have not received a reply to my question from 9/24 about
showing
document page numbers and section page numbers in the same footer. Is
that
because I'm asking in the wrong place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Thank you everyone for your kind replies and advice!! I will definitely
incorporate your suggestions!!

.. . . and also will report back the results!

-All the best-

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello -- I have not received a reply to my question from 9/24 about showing
document page numbers and section page numbers in the same footer. Is that
because I'm asking in the wrong place?

I have tried the various numbering fields, but none of them does the trick.
Word 2003.

Do you have any advice as to how to do this or where I could find the
information?

Thank you very much,

Elessvie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

No, I didn't presume it to be trivial! Thank you very much for this link.
It gave me exactly what I needed.

-Lynne

"Elessvie" wrote in message
Hello -- I have not received a reply to my question from 9/24 about

showing
document page numbers and section page numbers in the same footer. Is

that
because I'm asking in the wrong place?

I have tried the various numbering fields, but none of them does the

trick.
Word 2003.

Do you have any advice as to how to do this or where I could find the
information?

Thank you very much,

Elessvie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might try microsoft.public.word.numbering. But you'll find what you

want
to do is not trivial. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.