Dan Harris

Default XP Office updates

Why can't I install Microsoft Office XP 2002 critical security updates. I
have tried to perform updates with and without Firewall and Virus software
disabled. Also have attempted in safe mode, as well as from several
different microsoft update sites. Have tried to install updates using
automatic update feature, as well as with AUF disabled,launching the update
manually. It will not install any of the 3 critical updates that are needed.
The only messages that are displayed "Updates have encountered a problem
during installation" and "the following updates were not installed"
Security Update for Sharepoint Team Services(KB890829)
Security Update for Word 2002(KB895589)
Security Update for Office XP(KB873352)

Can someone please give me some insight on this perplexing conundrum.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Dan