Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Farhad M Farhad M is offline

Default Insert a page before the table of contents?

How do I insert a blank page before the table of contents in Word 2007? I
have a page or two of text (title page and executive summary) I'd like to
insert before the table of contents and not be included in it either. But
every time I try to insert the table of contents, it defaults to becoming the
first page no matter what. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that the table of contents will always be inserted at the insertion
point, so getting it in the desired place shouldn't be a problem. On the
other hand, if you are trying to control on which page the page numbering
starts, you need a section break; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm. For more on
TOCs, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Farhad M" Farhad wrote in message
How do I insert a blank page before the table of contents in Word 2007? I
have a page or two of text (title page and executive summary) I'd like to
insert before the table of contents and not be included in it either. But
every time I try to insert the table of contents, it defaults to becoming
the
first page no matter what. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wisling wisling is offline
Junior Member

Wink

add some text after the ToC and drag the ToC after or into the text
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Insert a page before the table of contents?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can insert a blank page before the table of contents in Word 2007:
  1. Place your cursor at the beginning of the page where you want to insert the blank page.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" button in the "Page Setup" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "Page" from the drop-down menu under "Section Breaks."
  5. A new blank page will be inserted before the page where your cursor was located.

Now you can add your title page and executive summary on the new blank page. When you insert your table of contents, it should start on the next page and not include the title page and executive summary.