Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holly Summerscales Holly Summerscales is offline

Default How do I stop the layout in word documents changing between comput

Any hints about troubleshooting etc would be greatly appreciating, the
constant reformatting is doing my head in!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:56:01 -0700, Holly Summerscales Holly
wrote:

Any hints about troubleshooting etc would be greatly appreciating, the
constant reformatting is doing my head in!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holly Summerscales[_2_] Holly Summerscales[_2_] is offline

Default How do I stop the layout in word documents changing between co

Thankyou, i've found that website very helpful! Is now on my desktop ;-)

The main problem I'm having at the moment though is that it is between two
computers at work, so both have the same printer settings. The only
difference I can spot is one is a laptop whereas the other is a PC.

wrote:

Any hints about troubleshooting etc would be greatly appreciating, the
constant reformatting is doing my head in!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the OS is different, the printer driver will be different, sometimes not
noticeably. And it can make a difference whether you use the Windows driver
or one supplied by the printer manufacturer.

"Holly Summerscales" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Any hints about troubleshooting etc would be greatly appreciating, the
constant reformatting is doing my head in!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I assume both computers are using the same printer on a network. Do
both computers have the same version of the printer driver software?
To check (there may be shorter paths, but I know this works, at least
in Windows XP):

- Click Start Settings Printers & Faxes.
- Click the menu item File Server Properties.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Double-click the printer in the list to open the Driver Properties
dialog.
- In that list, double-click the Driver File item to open its
Properties dialog.
- Click the Version tab.
- In the 'Other version information' area, click File Version and
Product Version, and write down the numbers you see.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.