DavidofSydney

Default Color palette

I've lost the full palette of colors on Office 2000, now only variations of
black, yellow, blue. Help please - how do I recover them?

Check to see if you have "Use high contrast" checked in Control Panel |
Accessibility Options | Display.

"DavidofSydney" wrote in message
I've lost the full palette of colors on Office 2000, now only variations

of
black, yellow, blue. Help please - how do I recover them?

DavidofSydney

Thanks Suzanne. I followed your suggestion but all it did was greatly
increase font size and bold everything as tho I was going blind. I couldn't
see that it restored the colour palette. Perhaps I have to change something
else? Kind regards, David

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check to see if you have "Use high contrast" checked in Control Panel |
Accessibility Options | Display.

"DavidofSydney" wrote in message
I've lost the full palette of colors on Office 2000, now only variations

of
black, yellow, blue. Help please - how do I recover them?

No, you misinterpreted my reply. I was suggesting that having this option
checked might be the cause of your problems. What is the color depth setting
in Control Panel | Display | Settings?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check to see if you have "Use high contrast" checked in Control Panel |
Accessibility Options | Display.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DavidofSydney" wrote in

message
I've lost the full palette of colors on Office 2000, now only

variations
of
black, yellow, blue. Help please - how do I recover them?

DavidofSydney

OK, I've fixed my problem - the absence of a number of colour shades, mainly
due to the loss of RED. I found that I could print the full range of colours
OK, even though they did not show up on the screen, suggesting a monitor
problem. Somesone suggested looking at the monitor connection, which I did.
I found there was a poor connection/bent pin on the connection from the
monitor to the computer. Once I fixed this, the rainbow of colours returned
to my screen.
Many thanks for everyone's help, David

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check to see if you have "Use high contrast" checked in Control

Panel |
Accessibility Options | Display.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DavidofSydney" wrote in
message
I've lost the full palette of colors on Office 2000, now only
variations
of
black, yellow, blue. Help please - how do I recover them?

Well, that's a good one to file in the old memory basket and keep in mind in
case this sort of problem comes up again!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No clues, then, but you might try asking in word.drawing.graphics,

where
they might have better ideas about color issues.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DavidofSydney" wrote in

message
news Sorry. My Display/Settings quality is on "highest (32 bit)".

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check to see if you have "Use high contrast" checked in

Control
Panel |
Accessibility Options | Display.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DavidofSydney"