Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
The Hun[_2_] The Hun[_2_] is offline

Default How to fill total line with color?

Using Word 2002

THE SETUP: I have a short 4-word sentence and it's centered.

WHAT I WANT: I want to highlight the whole row, from L-margin to R-
margin, without having to create a table or a text box.

PROBLEM: When I highlight it, the only area highlighted is the area
containing characters. I need the highlight to literally begin at the
L-margin and extend all the way to the R-margin.

Can someone give me the directions of how to do it? I know it's
possible because I'm looking at the exact thing in a document someone
sent to me. I'm fairly good with tables and I know how to fill a row
in a table by using Format / Borders and Shading / Shading, but I can
see that their line is not a row in a table or a text box.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If the sentence is a separate paragraph, then you can apply shading to the
paragraph. Select the paragraph and go to Format | Borders and Shading |
Shading. "Paragraph" should already be selected in the "Apply to" dropdown.

http://word.mvps.org