Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Der Fleder Dog Der Fleder Dog is offline

Default Trouble Restarting List Numbering

I have several lists in a document. Since some of them have multiple levels,
I created an outline numbered set of three styles according to the article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html My numbering
levels look like "a.", "1)", "a)" for levels 1, 2, and 3, respectively. So
far, so good...

I applied my new styles to the first list in the document (I am applying
these styles to existing text). That worked like a champ with each sub-list
numbered correctly. I then applied the level 1 style to the next list in the
document and manually restarted the numbering back at "a." Again, everything
was ok.

When I apply the level 1 style to the third list in the document, Word won't
allow me to restart the numbering; all options for doing that are grayed out.

I am working on a set of document templates and each of them have lists.
I'd like to get the numbering correct and stable. Thank you for the help.