Sttrumpet

Default How do you line up text to print on to pre-lined paper?

Using a handwritting font, I want to print onto prelined yellow paper to make
it look like a hand written letter.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you line up text to print on to pre-lined paper?

To line up text to print onto pre-lined paper, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Margins".
  3. Select "Custom Margins" and set the top, bottom, left, and right margins to match the pre-lined paper you will be using.
  4. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Text Box".
  5. Choose a text box style that suits your needs and click on it.
  6. Click and drag the text box to the desired location on the page.
  7. Type your text into the text box.
  8. Go to the "Home" tab and select the handwriting font you want to use.
  9. Adjust the font size and color as desired.
  10. Print the document onto the pre-lined paper.

To make it look like a handwritten letter, you can also add a signature line at the bottom of the text box. To do this:
  1. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Signature Line".
  2. Fill out the signature details as desired.
  3. Click "OK" to insert the signature line.
  4. Adjust the size and location of the signature line as needed.

I hope this helps you line up your text and create a handwritten look for your letter!
__________________
Jezebel

You'll need to experiment with line spacing value. Go to Format Paragraph.
Set the line spacing to 'Exactly' then set the At value to the distance
between the horizontal lines on your paper (72pt = 1 inch), to the nearest
half point.

It's *very* hard to get this right (or rather, *very* time-consuming). You
might be better off printing the lines yourself as part of the document, and
print onto plain yellow paper.

"Sttrumpet" wrote in message
news
Using a handwritting font, I want to print onto prelined yellow paper to
make
it look like a hand written letter.

Daiya Mitchell

Before you put a lot of time into this--keep in mind that no one will be
deceived, and that the attempt to pretend handwriting might just annoy
people more than typing.

On 2/23/05 6:38 PM, "Jezebel" wrote:

You'll need to experiment with line spacing value. Go to Format Paragraph.
Set the line spacing to 'Exactly' then set the At value to the distance
between the horizontal lines on your paper (72pt = 1 inch), to the nearest
half point.

It's *very* hard to get this right (or rather, *very* time-consuming). You
might be better off printing the lines yourself as part of the document, and
print onto plain yellow paper.

"Sttrumpet" wrote in message
news
Using a handwritting font, I want to print onto prelined yellow paper to
make
it look like a hand written letter.

CyberTaz

All points quite valid, especially with regard to "trial & error". If you
really need to do this, spend your time seeing if you can locate ruled form
paper from Avery or some other source. That will give you the specs to set in
order to print most efficiently & waste less paper and ink. |:)

"Sttrumpet" wrote:

Using a handwritting font, I want to print onto prelined yellow paper to make
it look like a hand written letter.

Jezebel

Or writing to George Bush about a favourite goat.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unless the OP is trying to create a model for third-grade students
learning
cursive writing. g

so
all may benefit.

[...]

news Using a handwritting font, I want to print onto prelined yellow paper