Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MargaretA MargaretA is offline

Default Descriptions Requested for of the various "Save Options"?

Can anyone provide a brief description of the various "Save Options"?
(Tools/Options/Save Options)

Several of those options are set (I don't think I've set them), but I have
no idea how the settings affect my documents. I have a bit of Word trouble
now and then, and wonder if I have settings set (or not set) that I need to
change.

--
MargaretA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is discussion of some of them at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

If you have Word 2003, click the ? button at the top of the Options dialog.
This will open a Help pane for the entire Options dialog. Click on "Save
tab" to see a description of each specific option.

"MargaretA" wrote in message
Can anyone provide a brief description of the various "Save Options"?
(Tools/Options/Save Options)

Several of those options are set (I don't think I've set them), but I
have
no idea how the settings affect my documents. I have a bit of Word
trouble
now and then, and wonder if I have settings set (or not set) that I need
change.

--
MargaretA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MargaretA MargaretA is offline

Suzanne, thanks! Your reply was very helpful...and I changed a couple of
settings based on the new (to me) info.
--
MargaretA