Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hanibal Hanibal is offline

Default Bookmarking topic that appears in multiple locations in document.

I have a topic that appears in multiple locations in a long document. I need
to bookmark all of the locations that this topic appears, but bookmarking a
"location" is not working. When I bookmark the second location after
bookmarking the first, the bookmark reverts to the first location. My source
document is a Word document and my "link to" location is a Power Point slide.

I am using Office Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

There can only be one bookmark name per location. Therefore, you can not
have "MyBookmark" listed three times. However, you can have "MyBookmark1",
"MyBookmark2", and "MyBookmark3".

However, if you really want to "refer" to the first bookmark in two
different places, then you should use a cross-reference to the first
bookmark in the two additional locations.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Hanibal" wrote in message
I have a topic that appears in multiple locations in a long document. I need
to bookmark all of the locations that this topic appears, but bookmarking a
"location" is not working. When I bookmark the second location after
bookmarking the first, the bookmark reverts to the first location. My source
document is a Word document and my "link to" location is a Power Point
slide.

I am using Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hanibal Hanibal is offline

Default Bookmarking topic that appears in multiple locations in docume

Dawn's response offered the solution in which I named the bookmarks
differently although they were refering to various topics of the same name in
different places within the document. The nice thing is that even though the
bookmark name is different, the topic name does not change. Perfect scenario.
Thanks.