Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny[_3_] Lenny[_3_] is offline

Default header and footer template issue

Hi,
I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in the
right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then can't
start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.

Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help with
is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet but
no other pages after that.

The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would also
like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so the
background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this possible?

I am using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny[_3_] Lenny[_3_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne, your page will come in very handy.

I am still stuck on the main problem though and that is typing directly left
of a Right Sided letter head.

"Lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could insert a floating text box. Or, if the letterhead is just on the
right, you could put it in a text box anchored to the header, with the top
margin set quite high (level with the header margin?), allowing the document
text to start even with the letterhead.