David W. Nelson

Default split removal

When a single split of a document has been used and it's time to remove the
split, it seems to me that the part of the page that is removed is the one in
which the cursor resides or was last clicked. This seems conter-intuitive to
me. It seems that the split window last clicked should be the one that
remains, not the one removed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

CyberTaz

Hi David-

Point well taken, but if you close a window by clicking the 'X', Windows
makes that the active window before it can close. Word can't do much about
that I guess, but what may help is instead of relying on the 'X', rt-click
the Taskbar button that represents the window to close & choose the Close
command from the shortcut menu.

HTH |:)

"David W. Nelson" wrote:

When a single split of a document has been used and it's time to remove the
split, it seems to me that the part of the page that is removed is the one in
which the cursor resides or was last clicked. This seems conter-intuitive to
me. It seems that the split window last clicked should be the one that
remains, not the one removed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Klaus Linke

Seems to me that David was talking about "Window Split" (Command "DocSplit").
I tried to fix "DocSplit" by replacing it with a macro, but that doesn't
work...
The macro doesn't work to create the split, just fixes the problem of ending
up in the right pane when removing the split:

Sub DocSplit()
Dim myPane As Pane
Dim iPane As Pane
MsgBox "myDocSplit"
If ActiveWindow.Panes.Count = 1 Then
' Doesn't work for some reason:
WordBasic.DocSplit
Else
Set myPane = ActiveWindow.ActivePane
For Each iPane In ActiveWindow.Panes
If iPane.Index myPane.Index Then
iPane.Close
End If
Next iPane
End If
End Sub

If you create the split by dragging the "split marker" above the vertical
scroll bar anyway, you could put the macro in your Normal.dot: "Window
Remove Split" should then work "properly".
Or you can drag the split boundary up/down to end up in the bottom/top pane.

I'll vote for the suggestion to get this fixed.

Regards,
Klaus