Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
King King is offline

Default Double spacing in word 2007

In my thesis, I used double spacing between lines. However, the spacing is
actually divided into two regions, before and after the text. Normally, the
spacing is actually below the text. In other words, my text is set to the
middle in vertical direction, but it should be set to the top in the normal
double spacing case. And it is really a trouble for my thesis.

And the paragraph spacing (before and after) was set to 0 pt.

I do not know how it happened. But does anyone have any idea how to fix the
problem?

Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Maybe it is the line spacing - also adjustable in the FormatParagraph
dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"King" wrote in message
In my thesis, I used double spacing between lines. However, the spacing is
actually divided into two regions, before and after the text. Normally,
the
spacing is actually below the text. In other words, my text is set to the
middle in vertical direction, but it should be set to the top in the
normal
double spacing case. And it is really a trouble for my thesis.

And the paragraph spacing (before and after) was set to 0 pt.

I do not know how it happened. But does anyone have any idea how to fix
the
problem?

Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
King King is offline

Actually the original setting is "Top", but the problem remains.
And the "Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment" determines the alignment
of the text in the page, while not the text in the line.
Thanks anyway.

"King" wrote in message

In my thesis, I used double spacing between lines. However, the spacing is
actually divided into two regions, before and after the text. Normally,
the
spacing is actually below the text. In other words, my text is set to the
middle in vertical direction, but it should be set to the top in the
normal
double spacing case. And it is really a trouble for my thesis.

And the paragraph spacing (before and after) was set to 0 pt.

I do not know how it happened. But does anyone have any idea how to fix
the
problem?

Thanks so much.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not seeing any different behavior in Word 2007 than in previous versions
for actual Double spacing; what you describe is the default for Exactly
spacing; for example, if you are using Exactly 24 points instead of
Multiple, then you would see space both above and below the text line. There
is a Compatibility Option, "Don't center 'exact line height' lines," that
affects this. Checking that option will result in the extra leading being
below the line as it is with multiple spacing.

http://word.mvps.org

"King" wrote in message
In my thesis, I used double spacing between lines. However, the spacing is
actually divided into two regions, before and after the text. Normally,
the
spacing is actually below the text. In other words, my text is set to the
middle in vertical direction, but it should be set to the top in the
normal
double spacing case. And it is really a trouble for my thesis.

And the paragraph spacing (before and after) was set to 0 pt.

I do not know how it happened. But does anyone have any idea how to fix
the
problem?

Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
King King is offline

Thanks so much. You saved my life.
But where to find the Compatibility Option, "Don't center 'exact line
height' lines,"?
Thanks again.

"King" wrote in message
In my thesis, I used double spacing between lines. However, the spacing is
actually divided into two regions, before and after the text. Normally,
the
spacing is actually below the text. In other words, my text is set to the
middle in vertical direction, but it should be set to the top in the
normal
double spacing case. And it is really a trouble for my thesis.

And the paragraph spacing (before and after) was set to 0 pt.

I do not know how it happened. But does anyone have any idea how to fix
the
problem?

Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Compatibility Options in Word 2007 are at the very bottom of Office
Button | Word Options | Advanced.

http://word.mvps.org