Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lpatt lpatt is offline

Default this linked object problem is really beginning to get to me.

I testing this out. I'm trying to imbed Word text files into a Word text
file. It always becomes a .pic. why!? Is there a switch somewhere that I am
not seeing? Is this a problem with my machine or my Word install? Both are
new (Word2003). I can get around the content problem by copying and pasting
from the source, but that does not allow me to keep the link. who else can I
ask?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi lpatt,

It may be an issue with how you're doing the embedding. Even so, check out the INCLUDETEXT field. This allows you to dynamically
link two Word files.

Cheers