Kevin

Default Possible to mail merge and print on 45 degree angle?

Hi there.

I'm in the process of starting an invitation/announcement business. The
envelopes are hand made and I have a need to address them via mail merge in
Word from a template I created in Excel.

Since I can't really feed a square sheet of paper through a printer on a 45
degree angle, I need to feed it though square and have it print out on a 45
degree angle. Is there any way to accomplish this in Word?

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You've got an interesting problem. I am not sure how to do this with word,
but I would look into doing the mail merge in word, saving it, and then
printing from a third party package (a labile type application) that might
have the ability to rotate the info. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with any
and am supposing that the capability exists. My software, OctoTools can do
what you are looking for, but it is a commercial software package aimed at
automated processing for medium to high volume throughputs. OctoTools does
quite a bit more than just mail-merge since it is a document processing
software that takes data/text from just about any application, reformats,
maps to a template, creates a PDF and/or print output, bursts, mail-merges,
emails and faxes the output. Again all this is done automatically with no
operator involvement. Although its front end GUI based forms design
combined with automatic mail merge with any word (.RTF) document and
supplied data (from an SQL database, text file or customer application)
would do exactly what you are looking for, it is not priced for one at a
time desktop usage. If you are interested go to www.octotools.com for
additional information or give me a call at 978 535-7676 to discuss your
requirements further. I hope this is of help to you and thanks for your
time.

Larry T.
Sagit

MS Publisher will do exactly what you want, very easily. It allows you to
rotate simple text boxes, where Word does not. Once you have set up the
Merge in Publisher, you can rotate the text box, Merge and print. It's all
very quick. Publisher is designed more for your type of printing than Word,
although I used Word for years before I discovered Publisher. I highly
recommend it. Hope this helps. S Jan

"Kevin" wrote:

Hi there.

I'm in the process of starting an invitation/announcement business. The
envelopes are hand made and I have a need to address them via mail merge in
Word from a template I created in Excel.

Since I can't really feed a square sheet of paper through a printer on a 45
degree angle, I need to feed it though square and have it print out on a 45
degree angle. Is there any way to accomplish this in Word?

-Kevin

Possible to mail merge and print on angle? Kevin Mailmerge 1 August 17th 05 02:04 PM
Word 2003 Mail Merge will not print individual pages or Ranges Rick Mailmerge 4 July 29th 05 05:07 AM
Mail Merge won't print Pam Mailmerge 2 July 20th 05 11:24 PM
Print envelops from a mail merge document Jim Mailmerge 7 June 21st 05 05:33 AM
Can't print a mail merge data base doc ohiomasons Mailmerge 1 April 30th 05 10:50 PM