Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bothell writer Bothell writer is offline

Default Numbered paragraphs and styles

Is it necessary to follow Shauna Kelly's instructions for creating numbered
styles, even if the template will never be used for outlining?

The numbering was lost in the styles when a manual was converted from
FrameMaker to WORD. I want to make sure the numbered styles will "hold" when
I redefine the styles to create a WORD template based on the manual's styles.
But this template will only be used for manuals.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Outline numbering" doesn't refer to just outlines; it refers to any
hierarchical numbering scheme. That is, if you have numbered headings (or
paragraphs of any kind) with numbered subheadings (or subparagraphs) that
have to restart numbering after a higher level, you need outline numbering.