The Shaker

Default Cell references in tables?

Hi,

I have an A4 page with four tables on it. Each table has
the same information, and I am trying to print four-of-the-
same on the one A4 sheet.

With spreadsheets, if you change a cell value, another
cell that references it will also change. Is this possible
to have cell referencing to work inside a table in Word?

I want to do this so I can type data changes in the one
table, and the other three tables will be updated with
this change. I know I can do the job in Excel but I want
to know if I can do it in Word.

Many thanks for your help.

Adam
Jay Freedman

Hi Adam,

You could put a bookmark around the first table, and use three REF fields to
repeat the table; or you could bookmark each cell in the first table, and
use REF fields in the cells of the other three tables. After you change the
first table, you'd have to select the whole document and press F9 to update
the fields.

But all of that is the hard way. Just create the table once, full-page width
and with the font size set to double the desired size. Then in the Print
dialog, set the "Pages per sheet" box to 4 pages, and enter the page number
four times in the Pages box, like this:
1,1,1,1
Word will automatically scale the page to 50% and print four copies on one
sheet.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

The Shaker wrote:
Hi,

I have an A4 page with four tables on it. Each table has
the same information, and I am trying to print four-of-the-
same on the one A4 sheet.

With spreadsheets, if you change a cell value, another
cell that references it will also change. Is this possible
to have cell referencing to work inside a table in Word?

I want to do this so I can type data changes in the one
table, and the other three tables will be updated with
this change. I know I can do the job in Excel but I want
to know if I can do it in Word.

Many thanks for your help.

Adam

Determining Word Cell references JSAB83 Tables 2 April 11th 06 10:47 PM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 07:57 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 09:55 PM
copy cell to cell Tlogan Tables 1 January 5th 05 09:20 PM
Cell shading in Tables KMcLellan Tables 4 December 15th 04 02:36 AM