Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_2_] Henk57[_2_] is offline

Default Protecting sections of a Word template

Hi:
I am preparing a Word document (2003) that serves as a partly prefilled
template for proposal writing, and want to add an explanatory note and
an acknowledgement in the first few pages. This shld be contained with
the document at any time. Of course the section itself can be
protected, but I found that if I do copy/paste into a new document, all
protection is lost. Is there a way to protect from this? As the
document needs to allow for free texts and embedded pictures, I haven't
considered forms as an option.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Save the document as a real template (.dot file) and create new documents
based on it; they will contain the protected material, and protection will
be retained (though it can still just as easily be removed).