Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default Building Block Question--Footer vs Custom Footer

Hi,

I am just trying to get my head around Building Blocks and have a question.
What is the difference between creating something like a footer building
block and a custom footer building block. I notice that a number of different
galleries seem to have this generic gallery and also a "custom" gallery too
(e.g. footer, header, TOC). The only difference I see is when I use a footer
as an example and place it in the custom footer gallery, I can't insert it
from anywhere other than the building block organizer. Also, why would I use
one over the other?

Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It makes more sense to use the "Footer" gallery since you can easily insert
such a footer in different ways (as you have noticed), for example via
Insert tab | Footer. I'm not sure why Microsoft included a "Custom Footer"
gallery as well.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP