Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis

Default Although Pages set for 8.5 x 11 it prints as tho smaller paper

I am an experiences user. Lately when I print, although Word shows full use
of 8.5 x 11 paper in Preview, it is as though the printing is shrunk to a
smaller page size. The upper left letter is in the right place, but the
print set for 12 is about 10 or less and I have about 3 inches bottom clear
so it looks like I went to the copier and shrunk my page. Have tried every
switch in File, on printer, looked in Styles...something is overriding my
settings.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Do you have any markup anywhere in your document? E.g. comments or
additions/deletions (from track changes)? They might be on a page somewhere
at the end of your document or not displayed. When any of these things are
on, the document is resized the way you describe.
I am not sure if this is the only thing that can make a document resize like
that, but it's the one that comes to my mind right now.

Patrick Schmid
"Dennis" wrote in message
I am an experiences user. Lately when I print, although Word shows full
use
of 8.5 x 11 paper in Preview, it is as though the printing is shrunk to a
smaller page size. The upper left letter is in the right place, but the
print set for 12 is about 10 or less and I have about 3 inches bottom
clear
so it looks like I went to the copier and shrunk my page. Have tried
every
switch in File, on printer, looked in Styles...something is overriding my
settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is Word 2003 or 2003, most likely the document contains tracked
changes or at least one comment and you have balloons enabled (Tools |
Options | Track Changes). Word reduces the page to leave margin space for
the balloons. If you print from Final view instead of from Final Showing
Markup, or if you select "Document" instead of "Document with markup" in the
Print dialog (or presumably if you print directly from Print Preview when
you don't see the balloons), the document will be printed at normal size,
without the balloons.