Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lloyd Catlett Lloyd Catlett is offline

Default Change mouse pointer to hourglass, then back

I select a commandbox on a form that starts a sub with some time-consuming
loops; I want to change the mouse pointer to hourglass.

I've tried this:

MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
lots of time-consuming code
MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault
Application.ScreenRefresh

No change in the pointer.

Word 2003, XP

Any suggestions??
--
L. Catlett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

MousePointer is a property of the command button, not of the window or
of the application. That means you *must* qualify it by prefixing it
with 'CommandButton1.' or whatever the name of the button is:

CommandButton1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
lots of time-consuming code
CommandButton1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault

Also, you'll see the hourglass cursor only when the mouse pointer is
positioned on the button, not anywhere else in the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:57:01 -0700, Lloyd Catlett
wrote:

I select a commandbox on a form that starts a sub with some time-consuming
loops; I want to change the mouse pointer to hourglass.

I've tried this:

MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
lots of time-consuming code
MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault
Application.ScreenRefresh

No change in the pointer.

Word 2003, XP

Any suggestions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lloyd Catlett Lloyd Catlett is offline

Thanks! After making the change suggested, the mouse pointer only changes to
hourglass after I do a left mouse click somewhere on the screen. What can I
do to make it change without doing the mouse click?

By the way, after that mouse click to get the hourglass to show, the
hourglass stays no matter where I am positioned on the screen. It only goes
away if I change windows.
--
L. Catlett

wrote:

I select a commandbox on a form that starts a sub with some time-consuming
loops; I want to change the mouse pointer to hourglass.

I've tried this:

MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
lots of time-consuming code
MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault
Application.ScreenRefresh

No change in the pointer.

Word 2003, XP

Any suggestions??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I can't answer those questions without seeing the document or template
involved -- what the code looks like, and where in the structure the
macro is stored. If you want to zip it and mail it to me, I'll take a
look.