Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
I want my way, not MS's I want my way, not MS's is offline

Default how can I display the *full* path of my current document?

I want to display the full path of my current document where I can see it
without searching for it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Add the following AutoOpen macro to the Normal template:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .

"I want my way, not MS's" wrote:

I want to display the full path of my current document where I can see it
without searching for it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A Google search turns up numerous hits: see
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search.
One of these is http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm.

I want my way; "not MS''''s"

"I want my way, not MS's" wrote:

I want to display the full path of my current document where I can see

it
without searching for it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Working in various capacities through the years I've had to work with large,
complex documents that consist of dozens of combined documents that are
stored at different locations and are repeatedly revised. Some sources that I
have found particularly helpful re VBA code a

Office VBA help; open Word, press ALT+F11 and click Help and then click
Microsoft Visual Basic Help

The search facility for this user group accessed from the following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

The search facility for the Word VBA user group:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm... lang=en&cr=US

The MSDN Office Developer Center at:

For years I have cut, pasted and categorized code snippets so that I can
quickly find and use them.

I love Google but I have not found it to be nearly as useful for securing
help with VBA as the sources above.

Thanks for showing interest.

You