Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cara-tard1

Default What file contains user defined words for spell check?

I have a user who's laptop I am replacing. He says that he has added many
words to the spell check library in MS Word on his old PC, and he wants those
transferred to the new PC. What file or files contain those entries that he
has made? I would like to copy that file(s) in order to preserve his data.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

Custom dictionaries are usually saved as Custom.dic files in the user's
profile. You can either do a search for Custom.dic or *.dic. or try going
to C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof and
then copy the file out to a safe location.

"cara-tard1" wrote:

I have a user who's laptop I am replacing. He says that he has added many
words to the spell check library in MS Word on his old PC, and he wants those
transferred to the new PC. What file or files contain those entries that he
has made? I would like to copy that file(s) in order to preserve his data.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Custom.dic. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm for general
information on transferring settings from one computer to another.