Kay Lefebvre

Default Table won't move - HELP

I have a document with Tables throughout. When I type in the paragraph above
the table, the table move down the page accordingly (which is what I want it
to do). Occassionally a table stop moving and the text I am adding to a
paragraph will suddenly jump to below the table! Help! I want my tables to
move down the page as I am typing above. My boss thinks I did something to
mess up the document. She told me NOT to use the little directional box that
appears in the upper corner to move the table, as she thinks that caused the
problem. I haven't used that - so I know something happened to the document
without my assistance.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Table won't move - HELP

Troubleshooting Tables in Microsoft Word

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your tables in Microsoft Word. It sounds like you want your tables to move down the page as you type above them, but occasionally they stop moving and the text jumps below the table.

One possible solution to this issue is to check the "Allow row to break across pages" option in the table properties. Here's how you can do that:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table that's giving you trouble.
  2. Click the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click the "Properties" button in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click the "Row" tab.
  5. Check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages".
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

This should allow your table to move down the page as you type above it, without any text jumping below the table.

If this doesn't solve the problem, there may be other issues with the formatting of your document that are causing the tables to behave unexpectedly. In that case, you may want to consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance.
__________________

Your boss is on the right track. Your table is showing signs of having
become wrapped. This is easy to fix: go to the Table tab of Table Properties
and change the text wrapping to None. You may have to move the table back
where it goes after doing this, but *don't* use the table handle; when you
do that, the table automatically becomes wrapped. If you switch to Normal
view (in which the table handle is not available), there will be no danger
of this, but you may find it easier to drag and drop the text rather than
the table.

"Kay Lefebvre" Kay wrote in message
I have a document with Tables throughout. When I type in the paragraph

above
the table, the table move down the page accordingly (which is what I want

it
to do). Occassionally a table stop moving and the text I am adding to a
paragraph will suddenly jump to below the table! Help! I want my tables

move down the page as I am typing above. My boss thinks I did something

mess up the document. She told me NOT to use the little directional box

that
appears in the upper corner to move the table, as she thinks that caused

the
problem. I haven't used that - so I know something happened to the

document
without my assistance.

Luc

Kay,
Hate to say it but this time your boss could be right.
Put your cursor in the offending table, choose Table, table properties, see
if wrapping around is set, if so choose none. This should solve it.
Just as an experiment try this, in a new document put a table in and text
above and beyond it. Now go to Tables - Table Properties - choose wrapping
Around - click on Positioning - Uncheck |Move With Text. Now type extra text
above the table it will end up under your table.
Luc

"Kay Lefebvre" Kay schreef in bericht