Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen666 Karen666 is offline

Default why has my backspace key stopped deleting words?

I'm using Word 2003. I have always been able to highlight a selection of
text, hit the backspace key, and it deleted the text, leaving the cursor in
the right position for me to re-type. Now this has stopped working. I
highlight the text, hit backspace, and it moves my cursor to the start of the
section I highlighted, but it doesn't delete it. Why is this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

Tools Options Edit tab
Make sure "Typing replaces selection" is checked.
--
TedMi