Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraM LauraM is offline

Default formatting paragraphs

I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document. Please Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is Undo an option? With a document that large, it might not be.

After getting that result, I sure hope you either a) saved the file using a
new name or b) closed the document without saving the changes. If a and b
aren't your salvation, do you have Always Create Backup Copy enabled
(Tools - Options - Save)? If so, then check the document folder for files
whose names begin with Backup...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document. Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraM LauraM is offline

These suggestions didn't work. Not only am I missing hundreds of tabs, but
many blocks of text are in a new font than before. What could I have done in
the formatting menu to get this result? How do I undo it, or make the
paragraphing uniform once again. Thanks in advance if you can help me!!

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document. Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried using Undo? If you've just run AutoFormat over the document,
a single Undo should do it, but check the Undo list to see how many steps
you need to Undo.

news

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow

managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.

Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This being several days later, I have a nagging suspicion that the file has
been saved and closed several times since the initial incident. That being
the case, Undo would now be well out of reach.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried using Undo? If you've just run AutoFormat over the
document,
a single Undo should do it, but check the Undo list to see how many steps
you need to Undo.

so
all may benefit.

news

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow

managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.

Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Posts in a parallel thread confirm this.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
This being several days later, I have a nagging suspicion that the file

has
been saved and closed several times since the initial incident. That being
the case, Undo would now be well out of reach.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried using Undo? If you've just run AutoFormat over the
document,
a single Undo should do it, but check the Undo list to see how many

steps
you need to Undo.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

news

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow

managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.

Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't tell you how much I adore parallel posts. They make following a
particular problem so uncomplicated. sigh

--
[...]

news These suggestions didn't work. Not only am I missing hundreds of tabs,

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow
managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.
Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And yet when you tell people they shouldn't do that, a "bystander" calls you
a scold.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow
managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.
Please
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yeah, multiposting in separate NGs is understandable given how hard it is to
crosspost from the Communities, but the difficulty in finding past posts
(once they have cycled onto another "page") is driving the posting of new
messages about the same problem.