Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jerry DC Jerry DC is offline

Default Word 2007 Background Color PDF

I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color
fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an
even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light
agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected).
Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is,
light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale"
or get it corrected?
Thanx
JDC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not
support pages and at which Word is poor choice of tool. For printed
documents, a simple workaround is to put a full page text box in the page
header with its layout option set to behind text and filled with your
gradient colour fill. Close the header and create your document over it.
This will save to PDF correctly.

"Jerry DC" Jerry wrote in message
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a
2-color
fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade
an
even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light
again before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected).