Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Viv Viv is offline

Default symbol for square root

What is the symbol for square root and can it be copied from a word doc and
pasted into an adobe doc?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

To edit a .pdf, you need Acrobat (not just the free Reader) or some other
third party program.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Viv" wrote in message
What is the symbol for square root and can it be copied from a word doc
and
pasted into an adobe doc?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

"Viv" wrote in message
What is the symbol for square root and can it be copied from a word
doc and
pasted into an adobe doc?

That's not what was asked; why don't you answer the question or at least say
you don't know? Of, if you DO know, at least add that to your post! Jeez!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Viv wrote:
What is the symbol for square root and can it be copied from a word
doc and pasted into an adobe doc?

The sq rt symbol is in one of the Symbols fonts so check those out. Or if
all you want is the slash, use Insert; Symbol.

HTH, though you gave a dismally small amount of info to work to.

Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Pop -

The poster asked about pasting something into "an Adobe doc". I was letting
the OP know that you just can't edit a .pdf file without special software.
Yes, that fact is well-known by you and I but I have the impression that the
OP may not be aware of that. If I understood exactly what the poster was
asking (including the Adobe file format/program), then I would gladly try to
be of even more assistance.

And thank you for your concern about the relationship of my response to the
original question. Viv is fortunate to have such a stalwart advocate in her
corner.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher