Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lukefromperth lukefromperth is offline

Default Word 2007 does not open .doc files automatically

I have recently upgraded from word 2003 to word 2007. Since doing that all my
old .doc files will not open when I click on them. I have tried using the set
default program option but it does not let me save word as the default
program. The only way I can currently open word docs is by having word 2007
open and using the open file option. Any ideas?
Luke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukefromperth" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded from word 2003 to word 2007. Since doing that all
my
old .doc files will not open when I click on them. I have tried using the
set
default program option but it does not let me save word as the default
program. The only way I can currently open word docs is by having word
2007
open and using the open file option. Any ideas?
Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Right click a document in Windows Explore. Choose "Open With ...". Select
Word as the program to open that format. Check the always open with this
application Check Box.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukefromperth" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded from word 2003 to word 2007. Since doing
that all my
old .doc files will not open when I click on them. I have tried
using the set
default program option but it does not let me save word as the
default program. The only way I can currently open word docs is by
having word 2007
open and using the open file option. Any ideas?
Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lukefromperth lukefromperth is offline

That is what I have been doing but with no luck. I click on the winword.exe
but it never saves it as the default program,