KR

Default Insert/view comments: comment location in margin vs "hover" over text?

Newly upgraded to Word 2003 on Win2000

When I insert a comment, it puts it in a balloon in the right hand margin. I
want users to see the document as-is, and have the comment pop-up in a
hovering balloon if they mouse over (and pause?) above the text where the
comment is located- in other words, it is ok if the comment temporarily
covers other text, only while the user has moused-over. I guess I'm looking
for something similar to the way Excel pops up the comment for a cell.

Is there a way to do this in Word? Having to scroll to the edge of a page
(especially when using landscape 11x17) is a real hassle...

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

Doug Robbins

ToolsOptionsTrack Changes, set "Use Balloons (Print and Web Layout): to
Never

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"KR" wrote in message
[...]

KR

Doug- thank you- this gets me most of what I was looking for. I now have
some odd (undesirable) behavior.... I added comments to text in cells in a
column of a table (column B); several groups of cells in Column A are merged
(not sure if that matters or not).

When my cursor is placed in column B, the mouseover text shows up as
expected. However, if my cursor is anywhere else in the table, the mouseover
flashes the text so fast you can't read it, then it dissapears again.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a workaround so I don't have to
instruct anyone who might use this document where to place the cursor? My
document may be widely distributed, so I'm not sure I'd be able to give
instructions to all possible users...

Thanks,
Keith