Ponnurangam

Default Letters gets changed when copied from PDF Document

Hi,

I got a solution for this. It seems my PC doesn't have "Times New Roman Dual
Greek" font. I need to install it

Thanks very Much
Ponnurangam

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If you like you could send me a copy of the pdf, via the link on my web
site, with confirmation of where the problem occurs and I'll try some
alternatives.

Ponnurangam wrote:
Hi,

Setting the language to Greek while converting using Abbyy Finereader
didn't work

Thanks
Ponnurangam

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Just a thought - try setting the Windows language to Greek whilst
converting.

Ponnurangam wrote:
Hi,

First, Thanks very much for all your replies

Abbyy Finereader also does the same replacement of characters as I
mentioned earlier. Any other ideas.

Also, I couldn't find any OCR Software for Greek Language. Do you
know any one of them

Thanks
Ponnurangam

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Abbyy Finereader works reasonably well and they now have a separate
module available dedicated to reading PDF files. See if the demo
works on your file. http://www.abbyy.com/pdftransformer/

Ponnurangam wrote:
I tried Paste Special. It didn't work.Can you suggest some OCR
software that I can use to scan text from an image.

Thanks
Ponnurangam

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Try edit paste special rather than a simple paste, but my guess
is that you
may not get any further with this. PDF is essentially a graphics
format and
the conversion of graphics formats back to text is somewhat hit &
miss and unlike OCR software where at least you can train the
software to use particular characters in some circumstances, here
you don't have that option.

Ponnurangam wrote:
I am copying the text from PDF to clipboard and then pasting to
the word.

Thanks
Ponnurangam

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
How are you copying? Word has no facility to translate anything
or from PDF.

Ponnurangam wrote:
Hi,

I have a PDF document that has letters in Greek

When try to copy it to Word Document(Microsoft Office Word
2003), some letters are getting replaced by other ones.(Font:
TimesNewRoman)

Here is Two of them:

(1) "U+03AC: Greek small Letter Alpha With Tonos" of PDF is
getting replaced as "U+00DC: Latin Capital Letter U With
Diaeresis" in Word

(2) "U+0394: Greek Capital Letter Delta" of PDF is getting
replaced
as "U+00C4: Latin Capital Letter A With Diaeresis" in Word

Thanks
Ponnurangam