Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prasad

Default AUTO GENERATING DOCUMENT NUMBERS

I have created a quotation template in Word.

Is there some way I can program a field into the template so that each time
we create a new template it will auto number the document.

For example:-

We created a word document on 21 May using Word and the system auto
generated the document as 501.

When we create a second document using the same template on 22 Amy, is there
any way we can program the template so it auto generates the document number
as 502?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Prasad