Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Neal C Neal C is offline

Default Reference table row numbers in main text Word document

Hi,

I use MS Word 2000, Window Professional 2000.
I have a table where the first column is automatically numbered using bullet
numbering function. As I insert/remove columns the numbering updates. My
problem is I want to reference row numbers in the main text of my document -
I have tried the {REF Bookmark} Field but this does not work for bullet
numbers.

What function can I use as my documents use alot of large tables and it's
easy to miss reference updates in the main text of the document?

Thanks,
Neal C
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Neal C[_2_] Neal C[_2_] is offline

Hi Macropod,

that worked a treat & saves me lots of hardship!

Thanks
Neal C

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Neal,

Since you've used automatic numbering, you can also use Insert|Cross-reference, with the 'numbered item' option.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]